We’ve talked much about Blade and Soul NA/EU‘s release, what NCsoft has done makes us so disappointed. I think we can’t believe on those “it’s said that…” unofficial speculations. But according to Linkedin JobInfo, it seems to be the exact official evidence of BnS’ release.
I think this entire fiasco is a result of ignorant worthless polls, ignorant shareholders, and even more ignorant management that thought they know players.
If you look from their perspective. . it looks like it cant possibly fail:
1. People in the west are not familiar with shinto or Asian culture so heavy on that bns seems weaker. Western people cannot possibly be interested in it or respect it (Dont bite me, its ironical)
2. People in the west totally dig medieval times with huge two handed axes and broadsword.
3. People in the west totally dig star wars, star treck, superhero themes, lazors, lightsabers, spaceships etc etc.
4. People in the west keep paying milions of dollars for wow, that looks unrealistic, plastic-ky, washed out, and far more importantly ages slowly.
5. People in the west seem to break all kinds of laws and obstacles (language, ipblock, sms registration, kssn, etc etc) just to experience some BnS lovely design.
This is what they believed people want/think. They decided that making game with slowly ageing wow style graphics, space, lazors, and blade and soul inspired combat CAN NOT POSSIBLY FAIL. After all it contains all ingredients that west oh love so much. But it was not the case, the idea backfired.
Not only backfired but put them in difficult friendly fire state. Because BnS is hugely more successful, because its free to play, more interesting, and way more appealing than Wildstar, they know releasing it is nothing less than putting Wildstar on electric chair. Its like EA deciding to release next CoD completely free of charge, after paid release of BF . Its an execution of the product that they sponsored.
And its something they should have done. Let the market decide.
Problem is they decided to wait and hope somehow time will fix it, but time wont help Wildstar nor BnS, with promising competitors being announced all the time. . . it only makes shit worse.
We players hope the blade and soul can make more progress to put forward the upcoming release .